Sunday, June 10, 2012

April/May Favourites

This is a post I've been wanting to do for ages, since April and never got round to doing it.
Since I moved to Northern Ireland I had to buy a load of things, I didn't want to fill the already chock-a-block car with half full bottles of shampoo and heavy tubs of moisturizer.
So since I arrived I have been going a bit crazy on Ebay trying to get the best bargains. I tried to refrain myself from going wild in Boots, as you all know there's no Boots in Portugal so it's basically my favourite shop ever. Of course I bought a few things in Boots but I must say I did some good hunting online for some of my products.

All this to say:
- Everything on this post is new or relatively new, I'm not going to talk about old favourites and things I still have in my make-up bag/cabinet that I still use on a daily basis.
- Don't freak out with the amount of things I'm showing you on this post, keep in mind this is a 2 month combined favourites, that I had to buy a load of new stuff since moving. And a lot of these things were absolute bargains on Ebay, freebies or samples.

So on to the faves!

Body Products


-Saint Tropez Everyday Moisturizer Gradual Tan in Light/Medium
-Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
-Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Exfoliator
-Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream

God, I love S&G products. All of these were very smart buys via Ebay. I managed somehow to get these babies for less than half price with some clever obsessive bidding. It was worth it though! 
The Righteous Butter and the Flake Away have the S&G signature scent which I ADOOOORE. I am very funny with smells, even if I love a scent I will grow tired of it very quickly and have to change products, but I have yet to get over this luxurious, sweet, musky and sensual scent. Love love love.
Also both the butter and the exfoliator make my skin so soft and moisturized, it's so worth it I highly recommend.

The Saint Tropez gradual tan moisturizer is lovely, although I probably need a Medium/Dark because I'm not that pale to begin with. Apart from that, it gave me a nice subtle glow, it's got a lovely texture and applies beautifully and effortlessly. And best of all - no horrible DHA smell that tan products always have no matter how they try to disguise it. 
I shall definitely repurchase, although I'll try the darker one next time.
This purchase was part of a pack on Ebay (face and body moisturizer) and was again, a great deal. I think I got both for 12£ (that's usually about the price for only one product).

The foot cream is just a rather good foot cream, nothing much to say about it. It's got some nice ingredients and left my feet nicely moisturized but I don't really like the slipper -ness it gives to my skin.
I have to either wait ages for it to sink in, or pop some socks on (which is actually what they recommend you do, so it's good before you go to bed for an intense moisturization, not so good if you're just about to go out).

Hair Products


 -Tresemme Split Remedy Serum 
-Tresemme Split Remedy Leave-in
-Terax Life Drops Leave-in Conditioner
-Philip Kingsley Elasticizer 
-Philip Kingsley Stimulating Scalp Mask
-Terax Crema Conditioner
-Macadamia Natural Oil Intensive Mask
-L'Oreal EverStrong No Sulphate Shampoo
-Virgin Coconut Oil

I admit it. I am a hair product snob. I am so obsessed lately with hair, that I would literally spend anything on a hair product, as long as it were good. I know, it's bad. Mr.Fish and I have countless arguments regarding my extreme consumerism on hair products. But in the end he tries to understand and indulges. Normally!
I think it derives from the fact that my hair has always been far from perfect, you'll hear me rambling on and on about it in this blog but it's true. And after years of abuse I'm finally trying to get it as healthy as possible and am always in the search of the Holy Grail Hair product. 
That being said, I also enjoy spending as little as possible and am up for a good bargain, so my most expensive products here - the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and the Macadamia Mask were both bought online through BuyaPowa at a very good price, half price if I recall. 
The Terax products were bought also online on BeautyBay.

The Tresemme products were a 2 for 5£ offer in Boots, so that was a bargain too since each one of them is close to 5£ anyway! I like these, but use sparingly as I try not to overload my hair with silicones. I use these if I happen to style my hair or just on the ends if they're looking a little frazzled. These smell gorgeous!

The L'Oreal shampoo is great, lathers up exceptionally well for a sulphate-free shampoo! 

The Elasticizer and Macadamia masks I use as a special weekly treat, they are absolutely miraculous, love them to bits. I bought the small scalp mask tube for less than 5£ to try it out, I have to say it feels really nice on my scalp, so refreshing.

I bought the Virgin Coconut oil in Portugal just before I moved and is a great natural treatment for any hair type. It's practically finished and I must buy another soon.

Finally the Terax products are very retro looking but very effective, apparently Liv Tyler swears by them. I bought them because I was looking for a good silicone free conditioner and was convinced by the raving reviews on the net. I have to say it is a really good conditioner, does its job without weighing down the hair. Some may be put off by the smell, but I quite like it. It is quite expensive so I'm looking to try a few other options I have in mind when it finishes.

Make-up


Just going to run you through these really quickly since this post is getting ridiculously long!:

-L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation (nice light foundation, dewy skin, bla bla)
-Paul&Joe Foundation Primer was a freebie from "What's in my handbag" website
-Collection 2000 gel eyeliner in black from the May Glossybox (applies effortlessly and lasts all day)
-Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer (another cheap as chips deal on Ebay - very light and hardly noticeable bronzer)
-W7 Candy Floss Blusher from TKMaxx for about 3£, lovely and apparently a dupe for Benefit's Dandelion
-17 Blusher in First Kiss (so cheap, lovely colour payoff and apparently a dupe for Nars Orgasm)
-Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss in Rose Chimeric (Glamour Magazine May Giveaway Freebie)
-Revlon LipButters in Cotton Candy and Peach Parfait (Couldn't resist the 2£ off offer in Boots, they are gorgeous!)
-Rimmel London Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 16 (again a 2£ off offer at Boots, a lovely coral pink perfect for summer - love love love!)
-Beauty Blender Sponge for applying foundation bought on Ebay - really cheap

Facial Products


-Saint Tropez Everyday Moisturizer for Face Gradual Tan Light/Medium
-No.7 Beautiful Skin BB cream for Normal/Dry Skin (my favourite BB cream so far)
-Good Things Daily Cleanser
-S&G Peaches and Clean Cleanser (Ebay again)
-Weleda Wildrose Night Cream Sample from the May Glossybox
-L'Oreal Vibrating Collagen Eye Cream from TKMaxx (gimmicky thing, not too bothered about the vibrating but the cream isn't too bad). Am looking to buy a more organic/natural eye cream next though.

Gadgets / others


-Tangle Teezer
-Braun Silk Epil7  Epilator  (Best Ebay Bargain ever!)
-Oral B Triumph 5000A Smart Guide Electric Toothbrush (again, won this on Ebay for much less than half price, would never spend the whopping 179 pounds on it)
I love this thing! Once you go electrical you never want to go back! What a difference, my teeth feel so clean after, like I've just flossed. Best investment ever, it's so expensive but totally worth it especially if you can grab a halp price offer on Boots (think there's one on now) or like me, get lucky on Ebay.

So that's that! Pheww. I am officially on lock down now though, no buying anything, and I mean anything until I get a job.
I went for a couple of job interviews and have sent millions of CV's so I'll keep you posted on that. Fingers crossed!


4 comments:

  1. I love soap and glory, they do THE best hand cream, I'm running a topshop giveaway and would love you to enter :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've been meaning to try the hand cream, I think it has the same scent as the Righteous Butter and in that case I'm already sold. Have to finish my other hand cream first though, sob.:p x

      Delete
  2. Gosh you have bought lots haven't you :)
    I love that Soap and glory flake away, it smells amazing, i picked up a big tub of it for 50p in my local charity shop brand new.
    Dying to try out these revlon lip butters, i think I'll take advantage of the £2 off offer :)

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm terrible... lol. :)
      Flake Away is one of my fave products ever,it's so good and the scent.........yummm! 50p, that's a bargain! I need to start checking out these charity shops! :P
      The Lip Butters are great, I think there's going to be an offer soon on BuyaPowa for these butters so I'll let you know. Also on Revlon UK's facebook there giving away 100 lip butters each day so make sure you check it out! Just found out today. :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!♥